We can define social media automation as the process of optimizing interactions socially by using automated tools. This may include social media posts scheduling in advance or reposting popular articles. Automation of posting on social media, management, and engagement reduces the spending time for growing and maintaining brand accounts.
Marketing automation is a type of software responsible for handling common tasks of marketing without the intervention of humans. Marketing automation processes that are very common include behavioral targeting, email marketing, personalized advertising, and lead prioritization.
Some of the best examples of media marketing automation are sending out feedback emails and surveys to gain feedback on their business's services, products, and updates. These types of surveys and feedback emails are automatically sent when they are triggered means a new purchase of products, visiting sites, etc., of these businesses.
Different Types Of Marketing Automation
There are various types of marketing automation. Some of these types of marketing automation are discussed below in detail. If you are eager to know details about different types of marketing automation and are in need of deciding which type of marketing automation is needed for you and your business, you can just start reading about them below:
1. Automation Of Customer Relationships: One of the biggest and best features of marketing automation is Customer Relationship Management or CRM.
A good Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program consolidates customer data into one space for convenience; it is often known as a dashboard.
Members of the marketing team can have quick access to relevant data of customers, such as phone numbers, locations, email addresses, and other demographics. They can also know the current position of a particular lead in the sales funnel, allowing the marketer to submit relevant materials of marketing for guiding that lead to conversion.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) automation also allows your members of the team to communicate with each other through social media notes and reminders.
Social Notes streamlines communication among your employees by allowing them to share tips and tracking all the interactions of the customers quickly. Remainders of the leads can also be attached so that your members of the marketing don't forget to follow them up.
To understand Social Media Marketing Automation, you can consider a Digital Marketing Course.
2. Email Automation: Email Automation is another type of automation of marketing that is capable of affecting both internal and as well as external marketing efforts. Externally, a program like this email automation allows campaigns of emails to be sent to the customers or audiences based on a trigger. Internally, it is capable of eliminating many tasks that are repetitive and contributes to the workflow for a smoother experience.
The best email automation application has a platform design that is loaded with templates of email that members of the marketing team can easily customize.
No in-depth coding or skills in graphic designing are required; Your creative team can easily and quickly create dynamic emails by using pointers and clicks to add, remove, move, or modify elements. If you have team members who are very skilled in these fields and who enjoy creating emails from scratch, then they can exercise and take a test for their creativity by writing custom designs in HTML, which stands for Hyper Text Markup Language.
Once you and your team members are satisfied with a custom campaign of email, then they can set up triggers for sending emails. Let's take an example, assume that a new lead or customer has signed up to receive notifications that can trigger a welcome email in the email of that lead that they have signed up with.
Another best example that combines email automation with Customer Relationship Management or CRM automation emails for subscribers' birthdays. Your team of marketing can easily design an email to be sent on a customer's birthday. It's the best way to humanize your business and show that you care about your clients.
And another thing that can make your customer or lead happy is adding a birthday discount code.
3. Automation Of Landing Page: At this point reading this article, you may have been wondering how it is even possible for automated landing pages. With the right automation software for creating, it's really that simple.
Landing pages are essential for generating rates of high conversion. If your website doesn't have landing pages designated to your business based on your business's buyers who are on top, your site is not in an optimized position.
The right software allows your team members of the marketing group to create dynamic landing pages in just minutes. Again, here there is no coding or graphic designing skills are required.
Using the editor of point-and-click, digital marketers can easily choose layouts that are pre-made and customize them with images, CTAs, text, and other different types of content.
A best or good builder of landing pages is also capable of creating funnels of sales that guide potential customers to make a purchase. Digital marketers can also track where potential customers are in the funnel of sales and adjust their strategies accordingly.
A solid automation tool for landing pages will optimize your landing pages for all different devices used nowadays, such as tablets, computers, and smartphones.
Since more consumers are turning to their mobile devices or smartphones to shop online, ensuring your website works with fast page loading speeds is key to driving conversions.
4. Automation Of Web Form: Part of a marketer's job is to optimize a website for conversions. Attractive web forms are needed to encourage visitors to the websites or applications to take action.
Webform automation is a bit like a builder of the landing page. Your creative team members can also create dynamic web forms in just seconds; it's that easy.
As an interface that is user-friendly, digital marketers can customize web form templates that are pre-designed with your brand aesthetic. You can add custom data fields to create as many points of data as you want.
You can also use the collected information through web forms to improve your customer service, buyer persona, and products. You can not only customize your data fields to appear the way you want, but you can also use drag and drop to arrange the fields in any order you want.
The best builder of web form will also enable third-party application integration, analysis, and reporting. You will be able to see the performance of your web forms and adjust them whenever needed.
5. Automation Of Social Media: Apart from email marketing, no other digital marketing form can take longer than social media platforms. If the members of your marketing team have to spend hours every day or per day dealing with social media followers and posts, it means that they have less time for creating creative content.
By using automation of social media marketing, your marketing team will be busy creating and brainstorming dynamic content for your accounts and pages on social media platforms instead of wasting time their time on repetitive tasks.
Automation of social media marketing automatically takes care of planning the content and publishing it on your social media accounts and pages.
It is also capable of handling cross-posting, tracking, and conversation. When you have content for posting on multiple social media sites or platforms, the program can automatically schedule and post them on your different multiple channels and pages of social media without any issue.
Questions frequently asked regarding your business products and services can be programmed and maintained into a basic chatbot for answering the general questions of the customers through messaging applications.
You can also use this type of software to track how many website viewers or visitors have found your website through your accounts on social media platforms.
You can dramatically improve your number of sales by understanding how the posts on your accounts and pages on social media platforms and how are performing on your social media platforms.
The members of your marketing team can come up with content that your subscribers want to see; in return, those subscribers are more likely to become your customers. After a while, you can easily identify your biggest advocates of brands across different social media platforms.
6. Automation Of Blog: A common theme these days is that every type of marketing automation to date benefits both internal as well as external marketing to some extent. Blog automation is not different in this field.
While automated blogs don't create content for you, they make creating and managing blogs much easier. Again, here also, you will not need any coding skills to use the blog builder.
Your marketing team members can create an engaging blog in just some minutes, or you can make your own. You just have to quickly swap text, CTAs, and images to personalize your blog.
7. Automation Of Marketing Analytics: The last and final types of automation of marketing are analytics and reporting. As an internal marketing form, this feature allows your marketing team members easier access to results and statistics without spending many hours sifting through endless data points.
Automation of marketing analytics allows you to track all different types of campaigns, such as email campaigns, social networks, blog posts, ads, and many more.
With campaigns of emails, you can easily have access and see the send, open, click, and bounce rates of each email sent to your leads or customers. For social media, blogs, and advertising, you can see how each of your campaigns is performing, and then you can use that data to optimize your upcoming future campaigns.
With access to an extensive library of indexed pre-designed templates of blogs, the sky is the only limit you have. You can also use RSS distribution of email for syncing your blog posts with your campaigns of emails.
Every time you post on the website some new content, an automated email will be sent to your subscribers, notifying them that you have posted a new blog post.
Automatically schedule and publish blog posts on your website, and share them on your accounts on social media platforms. With built-in analytics, you can also see how your posts are performing, and according to it, you can adjust the content strategy of your blog.
How To Do Social Media Automation?
Almost every detail of social media automation is discussed in the section on different types of social media automation. We have discussed different types of social media automation, how they work, and how to use them to get more leads to your online business presence.
Also, the best Digital Marketing Course will teach all about social media marketing automation.
This section will discuss further how to do social media automation. Some points about how to automate posts on social media are discussed below in points:
1. Look At Tools Of Social Listening: Social media automation tools can and have also been used for social listening. It is the monitoring process of what people think and say about your business or brand online.
It can be very helpful for you to come up with new ideas for posts on social media platforms or even different product ideas.
2. Using Chatbots On Your Website: Chatbots on your website is another best way to use them as tools for social media automation. Chatbots are mainly used with sites such as Facebook Messenger to streamline your marketing, provide customer support, and improve your customer experience.
Let's take an example; you can create suggested or automated responses to the questions of your customers or their comments. Let's say when a customer or your lead or visitor asks for your working hours and days, your chatbot available on your website can automatically respond to them rather than waiting for your reply when you see their questions are customers.
Alternatively, you can use chatbots to let your customers know you will get back to them within a certain timeframe and provide them with the required resources.
Ultimately, a social chatbot on your website or social media platforms will help customers solve minor problems but shift larger problems to humans.
3. Gaining Insights That Are Valuable Across Several Different Networks: Many of the available tools of social media automation come up with analytics that can be very helpful for your strategy for social media accounts or pages.
These analytics are really helpful for knowing customers' or clients' reach, impressions, and engagement of more leads on all your different platforms of social media in one place. These analytical reports will make it easier for you to compare the success level or loss level of your campaign across different social media platforms.
4. Social Media automation tools will help to produce more curative ideas for your content. If you understand all the details mentioned here of social media marketing automation mentioned in this article, you will now be well aware of the fact that I am writing about.
5. It increases and helps you engage more easily with your customers. If your engagement grows with your customers, it will attract more leads toward your business.
6. You will be able to achieve the schedule consistently.