- 0.1 How to Speed Up Your computer Which is slow to start up
- 0.2 How to maintain Your computer Speed
- 0.3 How to Fix my Low Virtual Memory Or PC hang or is not responding issue
- 0.4 How to speedup slow Google Chrome
- 0.5 How to speedup my slow FIREFOX browser
- 0.6 How to Increase my Internet Download Speed
- 0.7 Windows XP Shutdown is very slow -How to Increase ?
- 0.8 How to Make icons in windows appear quicker
- 0.9 How to Speed up boot by disabling unused ports device manager
- 0.10 How to auto clean junk in my drive
How to Speed Up Your computer Which is slow to start up* Go to Start
* Select “OK“It will show “System Configuration Utility”.
Go to tabs on the top of the screen:
*** SELECT(Normal Startup)*** * Go to the (STARTUP) Tab
* Uncheck all unnecessary programs Go to the Services tab:
first check the option “Hide All Microsoft Services” to hide all windows necessary services.Uncheck all unnecessary service boxes and press the apply button to save the Services tab setting.Restart your computer
How to maintain Your computer SpeedFollow steps belowA DISK CLEANUPClick on Start
>> System Tools
>> Disk CleanupChoose the files to delete and then click OK.B DISK DEFRAGMENTATIONTo run defragmenter,go to Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> Disk DefragmenterClick “Analyze” to defragmentClick “Defragment” to start the defragmentation process. C. UNINSTALL PROGRAMSIf your PC is too slow then Go to Start >> Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programsthen try to remove Programs which are too large or Programs you dontrequired now
How to Fix my Low Virtual Memory Or PC hang or is not responding issuego to Start>> Control Panel>> System in Windows XP.If you are running Windows Vista, select the “System and Maintenance” option, then “System.”>> System Tools>> Disk Defragmenter
- Select the “Advanced” tab in Windows XP.If you are running Windows Vista, select the “Advanced system settings” option, then the “Advanced” tab.
- Click the “Change” button in the Virtual Memory section for Windows XP users.If you are running Windows Vista, click the “Settings…” button under the Performance section. The “Performance Options” window will open. Select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Change…” button.
- Highlight the hard drive you want to change the virtual memory on.
- Select the “Custom Size” radio button.
- Alter the virtual memory size. The virtual memory should be 1.5 times the amount of your physical RAM. If your computer has 2 GB of physical memory, then your virtual memory should be set to 3,000 (3 MB).
- Click the “Set” button.
- Click the “OK” button.Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to speedup slow Google ChromeGo to browser address bar in Google Chrome and type “chrome://flags” and hit Enter.Enable both enable GPU Accelerated Compositing and GPU accelerated SVG and CSSfilters,Web Page Prerendering.GPU Accelerated SVG and CSS FiltersSet high priority to Google Chrome process i.e chrome.exe to high in task manager Go to settings and Disable Developer mode, * Go to Start
* Select “OK“Disable the Google chrome update process in services tab
How to speedup my slow FIREFOX browser1.Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit enter.2. Alter the entries as follows:Set network.http.pipelining to “true”Set network.http.proxy.pipelining to “true”Set network.http.pipelining.maxrequests to some number like 30.This means it will make 30 requests at once.3. right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. nglayout.initialpaint.delay and set its value to “0”.This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts.
How to Increase my Internet Download Speed1] go to desktop->My computer-(right click on)->properties->then go HARDWARE tab-> Devicemanager-> now u see a window of Device manager
then go to Ports->Communication Port(double click on it and Open).
after open u can see a Communication Port properties.
go the Port Setting:—-
and now increase ur “Bits per second” to 128000.
and “Flow control” change 2 Hardware2]type this below coding in notepad and save as .reg and then run this file….this will increase ur surfing n downloading speed…..REGEDIT4
“GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize”=dword:0005ae4c3]Xp reserves 20% bandwith,to unreserve it,follow following steps:a)Click Start
c)Goto:>Local Computer Policy
——-–>Network–>QOS Packet Scheduler
——-–>Limit Reservable Bandwidth
d) Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth
f) Change 20% to 0%
Windows XP Shutdown is very slow -How to Increase ?Follow the steps belowGo to Start – Run – Regedit
Navigate to the following Registry key:
HKEY CURRENT USERControl PanelDesktopDouble click on the AutoEndTasks entry and replace the 0 with a 1 in the Value data text boxFor the next two, if the dword value indicated does not exist, create it:Double click on the WaitToKillAppTimeout entry in the right pane and change the Value data to 2000Double click on the HungAppTimeout entry in the right pane and change the Value data to 1000RebootIf still having a problem, do the next change:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlRight-click on WaitToKillServiceTimeout and change it to 2000NOTE: The lowest value Windows will recognize is 1000 (1 second)
How to Make icons in windows appear quickerGo to my computerUnder Folder Options select the view tab.Uncheck the very first box that reads “Automatically search for network folders and printers”.Click “Apply” or “OK“
How to Speed up boot by disabling unused ports device managerYou can disable all disk monitoring by running this commandDISKPERF -NTo turn it on again run this commandDISKPERF -YD
How to auto clean junk in my driveDelete Prefetch Automatically 1. Go into My Computer and go into your hard drive. 2. Right-click anywhere that a file is not and select the New submenu and click Text Document
3. Name it “deleteprefetch” 4. Double-click on the text file you just created. 5. Type “del C:WindowsPrefetch*.* /Q” (without the quotes). 6. Go to File > Save As… and choose “All Files” from the “Save as Type” box and save it as “deleteprefetch.bat” 7. This is batch file that will automatically delete all the files in your Prefetch folder. I Get hard drive errors messages How to fix To check your hard drive for errors Go to Start – Run -type “cmd”thn type chkdsk /r to remove all errors
How to fix if Your Direct Memory Access (DMA) is
The Direct Memory Access will allow data transmission between your hard drive and CD drive without requiring the microprocessors intervention.Those using Windows XP will not have this option set by default.1. Click on the Start button and open “Control Panel“
2. Click and open the “System” icon
3. Select the “Hardware” tab and choose “Device Manager”.
4. List the ATA/ATAPI options by clicking the + icon next to it.
5. Select “Primary IDE Channel”
6. In the “Primary IDE Properties” window, select the “Advanced Settings” tab
7. Check whether the “Transfer Mode” for “Device 0” enables DMA.
8. Also, check whether the “Transfer Mode” for “Device 1” enables DMA.
9. Click “OK” to confirm the changes
10. Click “Secondary IDE Channel”
11. In the “Secondary IDE Properties”, select the “Advanced Settings” tab
12. Check whether the “Transfer Mode” for “Device 0” enables DMA.
13. Also, check whether the “Transfer Mode” for “Device 1” enables DMA
14. When done, click “OK” to confirm the changes
How to to Remove the background image on desktop.?Right click the Desktop andclick “Properties”, andgo to the “Desktop” tab.Change the wallpaper to “None”.This will greatly speed up Windows XP.Also go to the “Settings” tab, and change “Colour quality” to “Medium (16 bit)”.
Which services disabling can speedup my ComputerList of services to disabled to speedup my slow Computer Go to Start – Run -type “services.msc”
Below list of Services to Disable:Smart Card / Smart Card Helper
Error Reporting Service
HID Input Service
NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing
Network Location Awareness (NLA)
Network Provisioning Service
Portable Media Serial Number Service
Remote Desktop Help Session Manager
Secondary Logon (If you only have one user on your computer)
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Service
Uninterruptable Power Supply
WMI Performance Adapter
To Make menus load faster follow steps Press WinKey + R and then type “regedit” and press Enter.Now find “HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktop”, double click “MenuShowDelay”, reduce thenumber to around 100, but not too less.Speed up folder access by disabling Last Access Update.Press WinKey + R and type “regedt32”, click through the treeview until you arrive at “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetControlFileSystem”Right click in a blank area of the window on the right and select New > DWORD Value.Call it “NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate” and then double click the new value and change the value data to“1”, and press Enter.
How to adjust Java memoryControl Panel click on “Programs.”Go to Java settings,Select “Java” tabIn the “Runtime Parameters” column change the value, or if it is blank decide for the new value, of theJava memoryModify the parameter.To modify the parameter, double click in the “Runtime Parameters” column and,type -Xmx512m that assigns 512MB memory for the Java.type -Xmx1024m that assigns 1GB memory for the Java.type -Xmx2048m that assigns 2GB memory for the Java.type -Xmx3072m that assigns 3GB memory for the Java, and so on.Please note, it begins with a minus sign and ends to an m.Also note, there is no blank space between characters
Originally posted 2012-10-15 11:43:30.